 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4141
4140  |  4142
Subject:
It's the machines that control the surface now...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:00:33 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Over at CS there is a black fantasy contest generating some interesting biomechanical models. I was able to generate a few myself. The more difficult part is not designing or building but photographing an all black creation.

I usually depend on the sun for good MOC photos but that wasn’t enough this time. Then a light came on literally. I noticed on a William Wegman video I watched, the dog he was shooting had three or four shadows. Multiple lights! I’m still experimenting with the camera settings but I think I am on to something. Now I just have to keep a better eye on what is in the frame or do some cropping before I load things onto brickshelf. A backdrop wouldn’t hurt.

Here’s my MOC’s:

gallery:

More to come.

Pat Bunn