 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3919
  Great Wall of China

I know this MOC has been done a few times but I added a small twist: The turrets, road, and wall get smaller from the front of the model to the back of the model. I hoped that this would add to the illusion of an extended depth. (URL) More pictures (...) (17 years ago, 8-May-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build)

  Re: Great Wall of China

(...) Wow. Great work on the forced perspective. It really does trick the eye from the right angles. Tim (17 years ago, 8-May-07, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Great Wall of China

(...) The dimishing size for the depth effect is great! Photograph this one outside against a sunny sky, and you'd have some really nice wallpaper images. David (17 years ago, 8-May-07, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Great Wall of China

Oooh, I like the type of parts you used. I liked seeing what you made! (17 years ago, 8-May-07, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Great Wall of China

A very nice twist of concept! Great work! God Bless, Nathan (URL) (17 years ago, 9-May-07, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Great Wall of China

(...) When I first saw a picture of this MOC, it looked like a massive diorama. Closer examination revealed the brick saving forced perspective. I would say that your idea worked. Very clever! -Jim (17 years ago, 10-May-07, to lugnet.build)