 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3837
  4939 Alternate Models: Snow Plow and Helicopter

Here are some little models I made from the "(URL) Cars>" set: a snow plow and a lil' helicopter. The snow plow should be a familiar sight to anyone from wintry climes. The shape of the main plow isn't really right for a highway plow, but it does (...) (17 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX) !

  Re: 4939 Alternate Models: Snow Plow and Helicopter

(...) Jim, These are great. I'm always happy to see folks post single-set alternate models and the fact that you posted the MPD file makes it even better, allowing others to recreate it. Thanks and Regards, Paul (17 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: 4939 Alternate Models: Snow Plow and Helicopter

(...) Thanks! Yeah, I like to do alternate models out of "philosophical solidarity" with all the kids (like me, more or less) without the resources to build big collections. Anyway, I'm glad that the LDraw files are appreciated. Eventually I intend (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: 4939 Alternate Models: Snow Plow and Helicopter

(...) I spotted these in Brickshelf and was impressed with both of the models - the snowplow is nice for its little details and functions. The helicopter is a pleasant surprise - I looked atthe set and builtthe main model and then went to another (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: 4939 Alternate Models: Snow Plow and Helicopter

(...) Thanks! I'm glad you liked them and that they gave you some ideas. Spinning the helicopter rotor on a headlight brick was a stretch, but it works! Jim (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: 4939 Alternate Models: Snow Plow and Helicopter

(...) Incidentally, I noticed that the windscreen shown in Peeron's (URL) 4939 inventory> is not exactly the same as the (URL) window>, which has 1 x 1 connectors in its front corners instead of 1 x 3 connectors. Peeron says the windscreen number is (...) (17 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.inv, FTX)