 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3743
3742  |  3744
Subject:
SOMA Puzzle Cubes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 00:07:46 GMT

I’m certainly not the first AFOL to build SOMA puzzle cubes out of LEGO, but it was a fun project. I built cubes using both a 2 x 2 module and 4 x 4 module. It was fun to experiment with different ways to build the alternating color versions.

The only notable difference from some other cubes I’ve seen is that my seven pieces were built so the completed cube has six smooth sides. For the method I normally use to assemble the cube, the top and bottom faces are all tiles, and the four sides are brick and plate sides. Of course there are many ways to build the cube, so this wouldn’t be true for all combinations.

The big victory from this project was that my wife (a somewhat reluctant LEGO fan) “commissioned” me to build three cubes for Christmas gifts!