 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3702
3701  |  3703
Subject:
Berlin tram - class GT6N
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 22:07:28 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

BS (when modded)

Flickr

Hi all,

Decided to have a play at with trams. This one is an ADtranz low floor in Berlin city livery (class GT6N). The most challenging element of this was to incorporate the wheelsets properly given that the real tram sits so low to the ground. I used James Mathis’ shrouding technique for the unpowered wheelsets but had a real hassle getting the powered ones covered (I’m still not entirely happy). The close-coupling is novel but nothing particularly special.

Tim

PS. My favourite bit is the panto.