 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3701
  WW2 era Steam powered airship

(URL) This was shown at Brickfest DC 2006, but I hadn't finished it until now. More (URL) here>. Cheers Adrian (18 years ago, 28-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.adventurers, FTX) !

  Re: WW2 era Steam powered airship

Adrian, Wow, that looks amazing, and I can only imagine how much better it looks in person. It reminds me of all the Crimson Sky MOcs from a few years ago. I really liked the use of the hangar deck and elevator to get the planes off and on the (...) (18 years ago, 28-Dec-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: WW2 era Steam powered airship

(...) Thanks. It's odd, but the nature of SHIPs are always that they appear much much larger in person than in pictures. This airship is over 6.5 feet long, but the pictures just don't show it. As for the inspiration, you're right. This is drawing (...) (18 years ago, 28-Dec-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: WW2 era Steam powered airship

(...) Groundbreaking as usual Adrian. It seemed like no one at the fests took pics to do it justice. You seem to incorporate a lot more shapely sculpture these days. How do you go about doing that? Do you use any CAD or the like? Or is it all felt (...) (18 years ago, 28-Dec-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: WW2 era Steam powered airship

(...) Somewhere in between. I used Pro/Engineer (A 3D solid modeling CAD program) to create the general shape, and then created cross-sections at 20 stud intervals. I then used the cross sections as scale plans to shape the hull as I built it. I did (...) (18 years ago, 28-Dec-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: WW2 era Steam powered airship

(...) Adrian too sweet not to comment. So is this creation able to display the inner workings? Nice work! (18 years ago, 6-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)