 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3485
3484  |  3486
Subject:
RXS-7 - R-Wing Class Gunship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 20:09:03 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

MOCPages Brickshelf

Built for the FBTB.net R-Wing contest, for which entrants were tasked to build a ship that resembles the capital letter ‘R’. My primary goals for this model were to build a ship that looked like an ‘R’ in a more abstract fashion (ie, I didn’t want to have a letter ‘R’ with wings), and to create something that looked unique from the usual ship designs. Designing and building this ship was a challenge for me, since achieving a good looking R-shape was difficult, and the 90F plus degree summer temperatures inside my home didn’t help any!

See the Appendix folder on Brickshelf for WIP and construction pics. This model went through several wretched iterations before reaching the final version.

This is a great, open-ended contest. If this looks interesting to you, there’s still a week left to build something cool!

Thanks for looking

Dennis