 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3388
Re: Several LEGO Factory Train MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 20:03:01 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I suppose I should have announced this as well...

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley wrote: I have several LEGO Factory Train MOC’s I thought I would share. All of these were built using Digital Designer (I am to lazy to keep track of what parts I can and cannot use in MLCad). For the most part these went well. Getting Boggies to attach properly is nearly impossible unless you build the entire truck set as a sub assembly, this was the only way I got Boggies to work properly. A few other parts have minor issues as well.

On to the Moc’s... (Click images for a bigger picture)

SNVT GP9 High Nose (Doesn’t include motors because they are cheaper on S@H).

Caboose

Box Car

   Intermodal

   Country Station

While I am not a huge fan of LDD in its current state I do see that it has a lot of potential. A few parts don’t work right and it needs serveral additional functions. It is also a resource hog, assuming you can get the software to run. The station is probably about as big as I can go (just over 1000 pieces) by the end my computer was starting to run very slow and some of the annoyances of LDD magnified themselves even more.

I love the idea of LEGO Factory and want it to succeed in the worst way. If you can I seriously suggest giving it a try.

Let me know what you think...

-Eric Kingsley