 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3331
  wooden synagogue

Hello all, I recently completed a building inspired by photographs and plans of the wooden synagogues of pre-war Eastern and Central Europe. It's somewhere between minifig and micro scales, and features many 1x1 round plates and complicated roofs. (...) (18 years ago, 23-Apr-06, to lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: wooden synagogue

(...) These are great Judy, was looking at them earlier today on brickshelf. I've always admired your ornate buildings and the amount of decoration you achieve with mostly basic bricks is really inspiring. cheers, Joseph (18 years ago, 24-Apr-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: wooden synagogue

Wow. I never knew such stuctures existed. Are the surviving ones under any kind of protection? F (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: wooden synagogue

(...) Good question. I know that very few remain and that many of those are deteriorating. I don't know if any are protected as historical sites. Judy (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.town)