 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3095
    MOC: Notre Dame, Paris —David Blewett
   Hello All: This is my first post to the newsgroups. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to cross-post to other groups; let me know if that is discouraged. I've started working on a minifig-scale model of the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris. I've got a (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.cad.dat.models)

        Re: MOC: Notre Dame, Paris —David Gregory
   (...) Looks like it will turn out quite nice. Is the cathedral going to be all CAD, or are you using the CAD program to plan what you're going to build in real life? The crossposting you used for the message was exactly the way it should be. : ) (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.arch)

        Re: MOC: Notre Dame, Paris —David Blewett
   (...) I'm going to design everything in MLCAD, then build as I can afford it. The one flying buttress has about 700 parts. IIRC, there are about 18 buttresses in the actual building. Those will be a small portion of the actual size of the final (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.arch)

        Re: MOC: Notre Dame, Paris —Manfred Moolhuysen
   It would be nice when you where able to use SNOT for the underside of the arches, buiding these curves from normal slopes placed upside down. The more versatile range of slope gradients that normal slopes show, would allow one to build a much (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.arch)

        Re: MOC: Notre Dame, Paris —David Blewett
   (...) I'm looking at doing this for the arches that support something (i.e., have bricks above). It would be hard to make it look right for a stand-alone arch, though. Right now I'm working on the groin vault for the interior ceiling. I'm using a (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.arch)