 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3084
Sears Tower: Supersize Me
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 04:27:31 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

After building a microscale Sears Tower, I decided to do a larger compressed version for use in our train layouts. The resulting model debuted at MichLUG’s GATS 2005 display in March. However, I still wasn’t satisfied with the size and the details I was forced to omit, such as the Wacker Drive atrium. So I dismantled that model and rebuilt an even larger version, with the antenna now topping out at 8ft. Along the way I added a lot more detail.

MOCPage Brickshelf Gallery
  • Scale: Appox 1/5 minifig, using selective compression
  • Pieces: 30,000 est.
  • Windows: 1108 4x5 black window frames with trans-black panes
  • Floors: 40 (real building has 110)
  • Base: 40 studs x 40 studs
  • Height to Roof: 6’8” (215 bricks high)
  • Height to Antenna Top: 8’0” (256 bricks high)

Enjoy!

Spencer