 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2475
2474  |  2476
Subject:
New Presentation of an old MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:44:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello,

I have just started to dable with creating wallpapers and scenes of my MOCs using photoshop.

Here are some of my initial results so far:

brickshelf folder

The original moc photo that I used is here.

I was able to sucessfully cut the viper image from the background though it was very tedious. I suppose better lighting in the original photograph would have made that task a bit easier. Assuming I improve my photography set up, is there a way to get photo shop to “auto-extract” the foreground image?

When I pasted the viper image into the background I used the “blur” tool to soften the edges to eliminate the cut-paste look.

Last I added the vapor trail on its own layer. using pure white paint brush & air brush. I used the smudge tool to then blend the vapor trail together.

On the other two scenes, I used the poster-edge filter which resulted in a comic-book-like appearence.

hope you all enjoy, drc