 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2424
  Good Grief! It's Snoopy

Finally, I did something for 2004. :) I have been working on a Snoopy sculpture. This is the "base" model, as I have to build a bride and groom Snoopy (let's not get into the logistics of this) for a friend's wedding. I needed something to work (...) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX) !!

  Re: Good Grief! It's Snoopy

(...) Nicely done. I like the use of hinges for the eyes. How stable is the head? Did you use a 4x4 turntable there as well? Just an idea, would tiles on the top part of his collar help keep the head stable? Now you need his red dog house to go (...) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: Good Grief! It's Snoopy

(...) Nice Work Anne! Have you seen this at Brickshelf? (URL) who's going to do the "Sopwith Camel" and Snoopy and the Red Baron? Hm.... :-) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: Good Grief! It's Snoopy

(...) Brilliant! I love the hinges for the eyes. Great work! Chris Perron (2 URLs) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: Good Grief! It's Snoopy

(...) larger than mine. I did see the megabloks one, and I thought that was was a bit too bulky looking FWIW.. (...) Heh. :) I'm sure my dad (who is a major Snoopy fan) would love it. He wanted to know if I could build him one, so it looks like I'm (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.sculpture)

  Re: Good Grief! It's Snoopy

(...) Very stable. It's weighted in the back because the head is naturally nose-heavy. I made sure of that, because I build the head first. My brickshelf folder has some build pics if you're interested: (URL) Did you use a 4x4 turntable there as (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.sculpture)

  Re: Good Grief! It's Snoopy

(...) Thanks :) The problem I had originally building the head was making the eyes visible from the front view as well as the profile. Hinges are wonderful to build with :) -Anne (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.sculpture)