 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2378
  Tank-killer..

Yes, I have been busy.. here's an Apache: (URL) You can see more (URL) here> after moderation. PLMKWYT! Thanks! Joe Meno .space paparazzi! (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Tank-killer..

(...) Hi Joe- it's beautiful, crisp, clean. Very nicely executed! I really love your microscale work, keep it coming :) Cyndi (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: Tank-killer..

Cool chopppers! Clever use of those new smoke pieces. -Stefan- (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: Tank-killer..

Hi Joe I saw your Apache while at work today and didn't have the time to really look at it. Sitting at home now I think it is fantastic, really spot on realistic. It makes me want to build micro scale. Thanks for the inspiration. Chris P.S. Your (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: Tank-killer..

(...) Wow, that's a great job! It looks more convincing than many larger scale models. One critique: the tips on the main rotor blades should be swept in the opposite direction. Looking down on the helo, the main rotor blades rotate (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: Tank-killer..

(...) Thanks, Cyndi - As usual, the Apache was a bunch of happy accidents while building something else. Airwolf. The nose built itself, then the cockpit, then...the rest of it! A very fun build, as is Micro in general to me. and don't worry, (...) (20 years ago, 17-Nov-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: Tank-killer..

(...) Smoke parts have been some of the best things to come from LEGO this year! And that rounded wedge is a great piece! Joe (20 years ago, 17-Nov-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: Tank-killer..

(...) Thanks! That's about the best compliment one can give! I hope to see a micro from you soon! Joe (20 years ago, 17-Nov-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: Tank-killer..

(...) Oops. I should have looked this up. But it's easily fixed. Thanks for catching this. And if you noticed this, someone else would too. Thanks for the comments! Joe (20 years ago, 17-Nov-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: Tank-killer..

This is a superb model. My only suggestion to get a little closer to the real thing would be to replace the last two plates worth of the engines with black, or maybe dark grey, instead of the current grey (part of the rear 1x1 grey brick) to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: Tank-killer..

(...) Thanks! I thought about your suggestion and came up with a solution that not only made the "black hole" suppressors, it reinforced the tail, which I say, COOL! Of course I didn't take pix yet, but they will posted soon. I really appreciate the (...) (20 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: Tank-killer..

(...) Okay, I fixed it and added... (URL) with revised rotor and exhausts! Thank you and Steve D. for giving advice...the Apache is much better for it :-)! Joe (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)