 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2368
2367  |  2369
Subject:
Theatre Castillo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:27:06 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

At BrickFest I showed off a Globe-style theatre I made after visiting London - here and http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=767505here.

However, I packed it totally wrong for the trip back, and it arrived in pieces. This is my wife’s favorite thing that I’ve ever made, so obviously she wanted me to fix it. But I decided to do a re-design instead - trying a new method of getting the pieces to make a circle (really an octagon).

The older theatre is a bit more impressive looking, but the new one solves a number of icky problems the old one had, plus is quite a bit larger and uses less pieces. I will probably end up building a third one utilizing good qualities of both, but until then...

Enjoy
-Lenny