 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2179
  MOC: Parthenon

Just in time for the summer Olympics in Athens I finished the real life version of my MLCad-created Lego model of Parthenon, in approximately 1:240 scale. My model depicts the building in its ancient glory, not the sad but impressive ruins of today. (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient) !!

  Re: MOC: Parthenon

(...) I really like how you used the tiles on the foundation. Good work. (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: MOC: Parthenon

(...) Thanks! The model turned out to be more fun to build in this scale than with the 2x2 columns I started with. That larger version would have had more accurate proportions, but not much more detail. (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: MOC: Parthenon

(...) Great proportions, Stefan. I'm especially fond of the cutaway peek-a-boo at the inside. Now if only the Brits would return the friezes... -Teddy (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: MOC: Parthenon

(...) I like the scale you did it in. If you had doubled it, there would be no need to use the half-stud spacing which looks so snappy. -Erik (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: MOC: Parthenon

(...) As a step towards convincing the Brits that lord Elgin was a thief and that his loot should be returned, the friezes have now been returned virtually, by means of the Parthenon movie by an international colleague of mine, Paul Debevec. (Links (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.build.ancient)