 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2097
Re: Mecha Support Rig, Mk2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:57:36 GMT

Sorry for the cross post, I forgot a group. Since PDX I’ve been wanting to do a new rig, kind of missed the old one,

So I resurrected the rig.

The focus on the new rig is in field coolant flush and mecha minor repairs. As such there is a cab, a in truck shop, and a bed. On the bed is the coolant storage tanks and all conduits to carry fluid, a person lift, and storage. This truck is carrying a spare auxilliary power unit and some internal supplies. Underneath the workshop (access is by floor hatch) is a crawl space to access some truck internals. The two pods on either side of the truck between the wheels are power supply pods. Think “The Fifth Element.” “De Fire mon!” Such huge amounts of power cells allow the rig to exist in the field for extended periods and in case of emergency supply power to small towns rebuilding after mecha attacks.

The roof to the workshop splits open to allow for larger conponents to be lowered by drone to be worked on. The roof panels also become work platforms to work on mechs that stand nearby. Access to the roof panels is by ladders build onto the rear exterior walls of the workshop. Light bars on roof are designed to flip up and become spotlights for workers. On the aft end is lift for getting people and equipment on board the truck. Access aboard is also available by climbing the front of the truck. No ladders alongside the rig, your options are front or back.

Neat thing about making the rig, I made some drones to go with. Their pics are in the same folder. One is a worker/hauler drone, the other a welder.

All ten wheels turn. There is a little knob behine the power cell pods on the right hand side. The gear you see in the crawl space is the gear box that handles steering. The front/rear most wheels turn a lot, the next set turn slightly less and the center set of wheels barely turn at all. Truck heads aught to appreciate that. ;)

I’ll have to get a parking pass from Eric to park at his facility.

Let me know what you think.

Mark Neumann