 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 206
  Coast Guard Marine Protector Class Cutter

From the "what the hell is Adrian going to build next?" file, comes this, a minifig scale model of the 87' Marine Protector class Coast Guard Cutter. It's on the town page. Check it out and have yourself a merry little seagoing time! Adrian -- (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Coast Guard Marine Protector Class Cutter

(...) Adrian- that's a lovely, lovely thing. I especially like the way you've de-emphasized the pixellation of a non-SNOT hull (necessary to get those stripes, I imagine?) by curving the upper deck and rails; it's very, very effective. The lines of (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Coast Guard Marine Protector Class Cutter

(...) Actually, I prefer to build non-snot hulls. Even though it's more pixellated, I like the smoother look of no studs much more. Getting the stripes to look good was a side benefit, though. I was trying to use the rails to get the bow of the ship (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Coast Guard Marine Protector Class Cutter

(...) She looks beautiful! I like the hull and the mast. Now you've gone and made me want to fiddle with building boats :) David Kohrman (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Coast Guard Marine Protector Class Cutter

(...) Thanks. Maybe it'll kick off a spate of boat building, like I did with turbocycles a few months ago. Nothing like being a trendsetter :) Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Coast Guard Marine Protector Class Cutter

(...) Nice model, Adrian. I think my favorite detail is your little launch-boat. It's a nice alternative to using the ready-made yellow launch. Bruce (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Coast Guard Marine Protector Class Cutter

(...) I had thought about using the little yellow dinghy, but realized pretty quickly that it was woefully undersized for the space in the stern of the ship, and would look pretty silly, so I had to make my own from scratch. Glad it turned out well (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.build.military)