 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1946
1945  |  1947
Subject:
Low floor light rail train scene
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 18:35:53 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello,

In february, british transport group Arriva announced a light rail project along
the outer ring road (Ring 3) of Copenhagen, Denmark. When I saw the model
pictures of the future light rail train, I just had to build it in LEGO!

Having built the train, I decided also to build the station shown on one of the
pictures in the press material (basically just a shelter!). Also I needed some
road plates to show how close to the street the train goes and then I figured
out I might as well build a complete scene. Here it is:

folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=78993

Remember to see the movies! They are all taken with my new Canon IXUS 430
(PowerShot 410 in the US, I think) and are pretty decent in my opinion.

Detailed pictures of the train are found here:

Model pictures from the Arriva press material in this folder:

About the train:

Each front car has two sets of small train wheels and the engine is well hidden
in the small center car. The two remaining cars have no wheels (!) but are
carried by the other cars. I've included a series of pictures showing the simple
yet effective closed coupling construction:

That's it for now. Love to hear what you think.

Best regards

Esben