 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1931
    first posting, italian hillside villa —Deborah Higdon
   my first posting, not a big deal in the great scheme of things, but for me a giant step deeper into this hobby. enough said, the moc: an italian villa set into the valley's hillside with a large deck to enjoy the panoramic view. a vespa waits to (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, FTX) !!

        Re: first posting, italian hillside villa —Elroy Davis
     I love the fountain! I may have to try working something like that into one of my buildings. Nice job! -Elroy (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

         Re: first posting, italian hillside villa —Ondrew Hartigan
     (...) i agree! awsome use of clickit parts. ondrew p.s. like the roof too. (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

        Re: first posting, italian hillside villa —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Very nice mental picture there. I liked the way you treated the front door, it somehow seems inviting... I like the curved window wall by the steps going around to the back, and the grade change between the front and back adds a lot of (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

        Re: first posting, italian hillside villa —Tim Strutt
     (...) I was admiring this on Brickshelf a while ago. It looks wonderful. The elevated landscape looks great, the curved window wall, the flowering tree, the fountain, the roof, it all looks great. Except maybe the patio table (shudder). That's an (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

         Re: first posting, italian hillside villa —Deborah Higdon
     (...) that tree broke and i just can't throw away lego. so i felt justified in using it for a patio table! (...) ironicallly, i believe you're a member of parlugment and i'm also a citizen of this fair city. i've been lurking on lugnet for a while (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

         Re: first posting, italian hillside villa —Tim Strutt
     (...) Well, in that case, it's quite acceptable. :-) I was going to ask if it had already been broken, but was trying to keep my posting short. (...) Well, we have no shows in the near future. We were invited to a show in Prescott for April, but (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

        Re: first posting, italian hillside villa —David Gregory
     I love the curved wall with the windows. Usually when you see a curved wall, it curves outward instead of inward. Besides the inward curvature, your wall has 2 sizes of windows in it. Nice work! (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

        Re: first posting, italian hillside villa —Thomas Main
     This is my favorite shot of your villa: (URL) I love the vertical orientation of roof pieces to simulate a tile roof. This technique is worthy of a constructopedia entry!!! -- Thomas Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

        Re: first posting, italian hillside villa —Bruce Hietbrink
     I really like this one too. I especially like the curved wall and the way you did the roof (I'm going to borrow that design idea sometime). The two-level effect is very cool, too. Bruce (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

        Re: first posting, italian hillside villa —Kevin Wilson
     deborah higdon wrote in message ... (...) a (...) the (...) Very nice job altogether, but the almond tree is a standout. Lovely! cross-posted to lugnet.town for visibility there too. Kevin ---...--- Farmhouse kit: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

        Re: first posting, italian hillside villa —Jean-Marc Détraz
     (...) Hello Deborah, Great design, I love the landscape, curved wall, roof etc. But what I prefer the most is your patio table! A great way to recycle broken trees or after a dog or a kid shewed on the tree! The effect is great for outside furniture (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

        Re: first posting, italian hillside villa —Tim David
   Love it, special mentions go to the pantiles and the oval flowerbed. The whole model is brilliantly executed and works together as a whole. Tim (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)