 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1924
1923  |  1925
Subject:
New small spacecraft MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 21:05:35 GMT

I have two new models to announce, in addition to the P-38 entry I posted yesterday.

This vessel may look like a fighter, but rest assured it is completely peaceful. Honest. Really.

The things that look like guns? Oh, those are for drilling rock samples from asteroids. And those six missiles? Those aren’t missiles, they’re probes that are sent into gas giants to sample chemical composition.

Attitude jets are positioned all over for maximum maneuverability, for ... dodging asteroids, yeah that’s the ticket! Dodging asteroids.

Really, totally peaceful. No warlike intentions. I mean it!

View more pics on my Web site or on Brickshelf.

Formula X Racing uses the latest in rocket technology. This racer is expected to dominate the solar system racing circuit this year.

The wings are attached using hinges. The lower wings fold up to the horizontal for landing, and the landing gear legs fold out. In flight, the lower wings are adjusted to a 45-degree angle.

The rear engines have attitude jets on the top, bottom, and sides. There are also attitude jets facing down in the nose.

Sorry if the images are hard to make out... that’s the hazard of building in black.

View more pics on my Web site or on Brickshelf.

Comments welcome. Followups set to lugnet.space

--Bill.