 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1890
1889  |  1891
Subject:
Propeller Box (windmill)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 05:00:54 GMT

This is a big brown windmill that I made. It turned out a whole lot boxier that I planned, and I didn’t really like the overall look of it, so I call it the “propeller box”. It made its public debut at the Parent-Child Expo in Indianapolis this past February.

The 2 things that I like about this MOC are the filled-in blades:

And the backdoor:

Here’s a link to the Brickshelf folder: Propeller Box windmill

I’ve seen several people make windmills with the pirate ship rigging as the blades, but they didn’t look like something that would actually catch the wind. While photographing this MOC outdoors, the blades with their spaces filled in really did catch the wind quite well.

This MOC gave me a chance to use 90% of my 75° brown slopes, which is something I’ve never done before. Someday I’d like to make one of these that’s motorized, but until I get a LEGO motor, I’ll just have to settle for sitting it outside on windy days.