 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1767
1766  |  1768
Subject:
Delian reloaded. (car MOC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 23:28:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Some of you may remember the cute, small motorized car I made ages ago.

It’s not much to look at, but the lugnet post’s here:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=1449&t=i&v=a

The point of the delian was to build a nice-looking car around the horribly hard-to-use motor.

Last week, I acquired myself set nr 8380 http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8380, and sure enough, I simply had to make a new car around it.

So why not remake the delian, but now 2 times bigger. I tried sticking to the general shape and dimensions of the car, while adding as much detail as I could.

http://www.mahjqa.com/stuff/delianbig2.jpg Doors and hood are open.

http://www.mahjqa.com/stuff/delianbig3.jpg From the front.

http://www.mahjqa.com/stuff/delianbig4.jpg From the side.

http://www.mahjqa.com/stuff/delianbig5.jpg From the back.

http://www.mahjqa.com/stuff/delianbig6.jpg interior shot. (not like there’s much of it, but still)

Due to my limited lego supply I couldn’t.. wait a sec. It’s not the size of your, er, lego collection, but what you do with it.

Anyway. It’s not all that advanced, but if you have any comments or suggestions for improvements, please let me know.

Thanks to the builders of the Jeep and the BMW (you know who you are) to get me off my ass to do this project. It ain’t great, it ain’t brilliant, hell it hardly even has SNOT, but I had fun with it.