 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1751

New MOC: Messerschmitt Bf-109E is airborne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.loc.se
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:57:42 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi

Pictures of my latest MOC the famous German WW2 fighter Messerschmitt Bf-109 are
now available on Brickshelf

The model is slightly larger than the stud to a foot scale with a length of 33
studs (28 ft) and a wingspan of 38 studs (32,5 ft).

As you can see the model has many building techniques in common with my P51-D
Mustang presented a couple of weeks ago. I have developed the wing leading edges
in order to improve shape and stability (a must for my next model the Spitfire
with its elliptical wing). The cockpit canopy is also new, here I have combined
part 6070 with two adventures windscreens (30161). This solution can be used for
a number of WW2 aircraft. The problem is for the pilot who has to slimmed to fit
inside.

My apologies to Shaun for modelling the same aircraft at the same time, but this
has been a long time project for me too. The successful dihedral construction of
the wings became a breakthrough for my aircraft production line. The Spit will
hopefully be out on Brickshelf tomorrow.

Questions or comments are most welcome

Mattias

Re: New MOC: Messerschmitt Bf-109E is airborne