 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 148
  Windy Miller Rides Again

Well, I've finally finished my latest creation, a windmill. It's up on my site if you wanna take a look (no story attached Im afraid :) ) all honest comments welcomed. ta (URL) Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Windy Miller Rides Again

(...) Looks great James..... The pics are fine..... so the blades follow the wind? cool maybe take it apart a bit and take a couple pics so we can see the workings... Kev..: ) www.ozbricks.com/andrastavia (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Windy Miller Rides Again

(...) Very nice. I like the functionality a lot. I think my favorite little detail is the cockpit piece you used for the fireplace. That's a neat idea; maybe I'll borrow it sometime. Bruce (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Windy Miller Rides Again

(...) But one question: are you sure an open fire right next to a millstone is such a good idea? Flour is explosive, you know... --Bill. (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Windy Miller Rides Again

Thanks Bruce, unfortunately I can't take credit for that idea, although I can't remember who did it originally (I have a sneeking suspicion it might have been Lego Interior decorating guru Heather Patey) Just use a 1x2-1x4 bracket to stick it on the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Windy Miller Rides Again

Yes the whole top rotates, sitting on a turntable, and the driveshaft goes through the center of it. I will try and part disassemble it or ldraw the workings so people can see the gubbins inside. I couldn't have done it without the inspiration of (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Windy Miller Rides Again

err.. yes.. I had thought of that ... honest.. umm.... ah but lego flour isn't explosive as its made of plastic. yes, thats it and he dosent mill and bake at the same time .. or something -- James Stacey (looks worried and heads for the door) (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Windy Miller Rides Again

(...) I think just about anything that burns can be explosive if ground into a fine dust and blown around. So he'll still have to be careful. :) Bruce (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Windy Miller Rides Again

(...) James, Nice MOC. Intriguing (yet most clever) use of parts for the sails. Pedro (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)