 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 130
129  |  131
Subject:
New MOC - Minifig sized Titanic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 02:01:37 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hey guys,

I took a break from building space creations, and decided to take a stab at
something I had been wanting to create for some time now. It took me about
two weeks to build, and took up every single one of my black bricks, which
wouldn't be so bad if I had built both sides of the ship.

The ship itself only consists of one side, and there are no interiors.
Basically, this model is just a shell being used for an animation (And no,
the animation has nothing to do with the Titanic movie).

Although I would have liked to have built more, I am really happy the way
it is now. I have seen many Titanic Lego models on the web, the most notable
being Terry Cruise's Titanic model. However, all of these models were either
microfig scale, or historically inaccurate. Thus I set out to build my own,
and make a cool animation in the meantime :)

The pictures can be found at:

Stats:

Length: 207 studs
Height: 35 bricks
Height w/ funnels: 55 bricks
Width: 34 studs
Lifeboats: 14
Failed relationships due to sudden disaster: 567

If you would like more specific pictures, ask me and I'll post them up.
Let me know what you think!

--
Erin