 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1134
New MOC: The Chrysler Building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 21:04:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi, everybody.

I needed a "brain break" yesterday and decided to turn to my pile of LEGO
pieces.  The result?  A 1,500 piece model of The Chrysler Building.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/908

Hope you enjoy it.  This wasn't any kind of planned project; I just had piles
and piles of pesky(*) 1x1 bricks sitting around, and I decided to put them to
good use.  I also didn't do any kind of research, like I usually do before
undergoing a project.  I just sort of "winged it".

I probably also would have added more details (especially in the spire) if I had
thought ahead. Oh well.

I was also very pleased to notice that once I was done, it was just about the
right scale to use the LEGO "Parrot" pieces for the building's eagle gargoyles.
So, of course, I spent 2 hours tearing everything apart and adding them in. :)

Sean
- - -
The Brick Apple - New York City in LEGO
http://www.brickapple.com

* Courtesy to Eric Harshbarger, who once used the word "pesky" to describe his
endless buckets of 1x1 bricks left over from previous purchases.  Every time I
see my bins of 1x1s now, the word "pesky" pops into my head. :)