 Announcements / ILTCO™ / 3
2  |  4
Subject:
Announcing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.iltco
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 03:46:19 GMT

Hello and welcome to the lugnet.announce.iltco newsgroup. This newsgroup has
been created at the International Lego Train Club Organization's (ILTCO's)
request in order to share announcements and important news items to the widest
possible audience. Since it has "announce" in the name, posts to it get an
automatic spotlight boost, but followups must go to another group. Normally,
followups would be expected to go to lugnet.trains.org.

Posting frequency is expected to be low.

Our first announcement is one we're very excited about. After many steps in our
rollout process we are now fully public.

- Our Bylaws are in place.
- Our initial Active Clubs have joined and have constituted the Assembly.
- Our initial Membership Committee has been constituted as well.

So, therefore:

- Individuals who are interested in LEGO Trains are invited to apply for
individual membership at http://www.iltco.org/members/profile.php
- Clubs wishing to apply for Active or Affiliate status are invited to apply for
club membership once an individual membership has been established by at least
one club member. Any individual member can do so at
http://www.iltco.org/clubs/profile.php

Followups or questions?  Contact your own ILTCO Rep (if you're in an Active
club). OR email to QandA@iltco.org or any ILTCO Executive Committee member with
questions, OR post to lugnet.trains.org