 Announcements / BrickShelf™ / 88
87  |  89
Subject:
BrickShelf Gallery Upgrade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.brickshelf
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 05:16:28 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I am pleased to announce a new version of the BrickShelf Gallery software
is now online.  Most of the changes in this update were internal, to support
easy configuration of colors, URL's and other site specific items.

Other Changes include:

- Color coding of captions.  Folders are red, Files are blue.  This way it is
easy to tell the difference when they are mixed together in a folder.
- Thumbnail generation is now twice as fast.  That is because it was
being done twice (whoops).
- page hits are not shown when they are 0 (no data has been collected yet)
- reload function no longer updates modify times, so it wont change position
in recent page.  Uploading on top of existing files won't change the modify
time either, adding new files will of course set a current modify time for that
file, and the folder will show up in recent.
- files with multiple '.' in filename now get the right thumbnail instead
of default (use reload function to fix existing thumbnails).

The next release (I'm working like mad on this right now) will be very soon
and should have category/keyword tagging, and more bug fixes (like better
broken thumbnail handling).

After that, Edit functions to change folder and file captions and to move
files/folders around are still on the board.

http://www.brickshelf.com/