 Announcements / BrickShelf™ / 81
80  |  82
Subject:
Brickshelf Gallery passes 50,000 files!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.brickshelf
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 01:05:11 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The Brickshelf gallery now contains over 50,000 pictures uploaded
by LEGO fans.

The Gallery started as a place for me to upload pictures of the Mindfest(tm)
event, and some MOC's.  After a while it dawned on me that the "gallery" would
be much more interesting if other people could upload their pictures.  Two
weeks later and the Gallery was open for business.  That was February 10, 2000.

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/brickshelf/?n=44

Almost 18 months later and there are 50,018 files, 5,001 folders and
2,338 active members.  Over all 60,771 files were uploaded, 6,015 folders
were created and 3,571 members signed up, though some files/folders have been
deleted (and many users were never email verified).

Congratulations to the fan community for creating such an amazing
collection of ideas, accomplishments and events!

Todd observed that the 10,000 mark was passed about a year ago:

http://news.lugnet.com/publish/?n=2325

I wonder how long it will take to pass 100,000?

KL