 Announcements / BimP™ / 3
2  |  4
Subject:
BimP Updates (23.03.2003)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.bimp
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:41:15 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

As most of you know, BimP underwent some major changes recently (see
http://www.bricksinmypocket.org/article/articleview/21/1/21/ for an article
describing the changes).  The changes caused many problems, errors, comments
and content deletion.  I am happy to report that BimP 2.0, after many hours
of work, is now rendering correctly with all newer browsers and content is
beginning to slowly find its way into the new layout.

Our plan at the moment is to focus on migrating older content before we
begin adding large amounts of new content.  Adding older content is a time
consuming process but for the reader it is a great time to view content you
may have missed.  Presently I am focusing on Ton's Toons.  I will then
slowly work through the older articles.  Occasionally I will post recent
LEGO news of interest so readers will have some new content to view.

I have also included two "living articles" that will assist our readers in
tracking our changes:

The Features Added article will list the new BimP site features added:
http://www.bricksinmypocket.org/article/articleview/33/1/21/

The Site Errata article will list known problems and solutions and allow the
reader to identify to BimP errors/problems they locate:
http://www.bricksinmypocket.org/article/articleview/27/1/21/

This is an exciting time for BimP and the new site and content management
system are going to allow us to better serve our reader.

A friendly reminder, don't forget to create your free BimP account. Without
an account you will not be able to take advantage of all new features.

Lastly, I would like to thank Todd and LUGNET for creating this Newsgroup.
LUGNET has been instrumental to BimP's success.

"Keep on Building!"

Steven B. Combs, Publisher
Bricks in my Pocket (BimP)
http://www.bricksinmypocket.org