 Announcements / 811
810  |  812
Subject:
HTO Town sets sighting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 21:27:05 GMT

In the Pharma Plus drug store in the Zellers mall in Lindsay, Ontario, they
have two HTO sets (and some RoboRiders, but they are pretty common).  They are
in plastic display sleeves that are designed for a set to be pulled out from
the bottom.  There is a race car and a rather dangerous spacecraft.

1088 Road Burner
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1088
25 pieces, $3.99 ($0.16/ piece)

1266 Space Probe
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1266
22 pieces, $3.99 ($0.18/piece)

They are not incerdible values, but the Road Burner is kind of cool looking (I
own it as a different number).  If you like HTO stuff and are in the area, you
know where they are.  I asked about the possibility of getting the Chrome
Castle series, but the lady working there said that the store could not decide
what HTO sets arrived, TLC just sends them in the display sleeves.  It is
possibile that some might come for Christmas though.  I didn't ask about Dino
Island HTO, but it would be the same story.