 Announcements / 571
570  |  572
Subject:
May 27th Toronto Lego Robotics Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 02:16:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi folks,

Just as a reminder, we are set for Saturday, May27th for the big
5th Annual Lego Robotics event.  It'll be a lot of fun, whether you are
building a robot (please do, read on) or just coming to watch.

        If you're coming to watch, show up around 1 PM.  If you're
building a robot (you rock!) then come around 10AM to test your bot out.
Qualifying rounds are at noon.  Find out more on the location on:

        http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego

Though a lot of you know, the rules for the new robot sumo and
marble harvester events are now online.  You can build a bot to play
either one, or build two to play both!  Check them out now:

        http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-052700-rules.html

        Remember to check back often for updates and to let me know if
you're building a bot via email.  The more bots (and it doesn't take a lot
to build one, especially for sumo) we have, the more fun it will be!

        The sumo ring dimensions haven't been finalized (we haven't found
the right table yet) but you can expect it to be 3-4' diameter and
probably grey in colour, melamine surface.

Good luck!

Calum, Event Organizer