 Announcements / 435
434  |  436
Subject:
BlockCAD version 2.1 is out!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 20:24:05 GMT

Hi all!

I'm happy to announce version 2.1 of BlockCAD, my LEGO building program!

Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm

- The big thing in this release is that pieces can be placed anywhere in X, Y
and Z, not limited to a stud width/height increment anymore. This makes it
possible to use the 'stud between studs' piece for example (The rotations are
still fixed at 90 degrees around Z, all pieces are still 'studs up')

- Due to the new placement possibilities the .LGO format has changed. Old .LGO
files can still be read, but only the new format is used for saving. This
means that models made with BC 2.x cannot be loaded into BC 1.x.

- Better wheels, windows and door (LEGO style), some other pieces (go take a
look)

- A little 'face-lift' - new symbols for rotation, top/front view, background
on the tool bars.

- Piece editor: face sorting almost perfect now (if you don't put faces on
each other), right click in the vertex list can turn on/off the drawing of the
edges (each edge can be turned on/off individually)

- Introducing 'the camera' when saving pictures. You can select any part of
the whole picture, and save just that one.

- A picture can be saved 'anti-aliased', i.e. it is generated in double size,
and down-sampled when saving. This makes all the lines thinner and smoother,
and the cross hatch pattern for transparent pieces looks much better (The
effect is the same as saving a picture with double height and width, and then
resizing it with a separate program, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop etc.).

- Pictures can be saved in .BMP and .JPG format.

- JPG pictures can be used as background picture.

- More options when right-clicking in the 'Piece selection window' - you can
organize your pages, add pages, move pieces between pages etc. (I don't
remember exactly when I put this in, but it's not previously documented).

Happy building,
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm