 Announcements / 4182
4181  |  4183
Subject:
Change in News Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2013 08:09:12 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

All,

following an increasing number of requests, I have today disabled display of the
"From:" field on the News article pages.

This means, while the author's name will continue to be visible, the From:
header line containing the author's email address (albeit "NOSPAM"ed) will no
longer be visible from the browser. This will hopefully be in line with
everyone's privacy requirements.

Please note that we cannot filter if you publicly disclose your email address as
part of your LUGNET posts.

The original author's name will continue to be displayed, and the email
addresses will continue to be kept on file. The email address information should
now gradually vanish from search engines, though, as LUGNET is indexed daily.

Thanks,

Jerry