 Announcements / 390
389  |  391
Subject:
Lego.com Holiday contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 22:08:18 GMT

Hi everybody,
   I know most of you aren't to keen on lego's official website. I hope the
fact that I scan through it every once in a while to see what's new (1)
doesn't lessen me in your eyes :-). But I do, and yesterday I happened to see
the new contest on it's first day.
   The contest is called "Holiday maze", and every day from Dec. 1 to Dec. 24
there is a new game on. Every game has different lego characters in it, but
the objective in (most of) them is to find gifts, to help Santa, etc.
   You have to be members of the lego web club to play, but don't worry, the
membership form is a snap to fill in, and it's free, too (2). Then you can
(advisable) fill out your wish list. (Choose wisely, because although you can
change this later, it's a pain.) Then choose your group - green or blue. (You
*can't* change this later.)
   You can win three types of prizes:
a. Every day, one player of each team is selected and wins the top item on
his/her wish list. (this is supposedly random drawing, but only from
participating players that day, I guess)
b. Every three days, a player from the leading team at the moment is selected
and wins a lego mindstorms thingamajig.
c. After Dec. 24, a grand prize winner will be randomly drawn and will win all
5 items on his/her wishlist.

   The games are fairly easy, and you can play as many times as you want, so
after a while you'll probably reach maximum scoring.

   Personally, I'm hoping to win the 6093 ninja castle, and arranged my most
expensive lego-wishes on that wishlist.
(For full rules and the contest, go to
www.lego.com
The game is the biggest thing on the front page, you can't miss it!)(3)

Good luck everyone!

-Shiri "conscience made me post this" Dori

(1) Usually there's nothing new. This is an exception.
(2) Sorry if this sounds like a commercial.
(3) Ok, maybe you can... but you'd have to be pretty out of it...