 Announcements / 386
385  |  387
Subject:
Dennis Bosman's LEGO Trucks and Construction Machinery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 20:42:53 GMT

Humina humina humina!

Dennis's trucks are the most amazing LEGO models I've ever seen in my entire
life!  (IMHO, these beat out anything made even by professional LEGO model
builders...)

If you haven't been to Dennis's site yet, ya gotta check it out!

Here's the link:

   http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Highway/2290/Legotrucks.html

In honor of this, I think I'm gonna hafta make a CLSotY branch off of
CLSotW!

CLSotW text follows...

--Todd

[followups to lugnet.build]

                         Cool LEGO Site of the Week
                        November 28-December 4, 1999

                  LEGO® Trucks and Construction Machinery
                               Dennis Bosman

If you didn't know you were looking at models built from LEGO bricks, you
might think you were looking at the real thing.  These models are so big and
so detailed, and carefully photographed against fields, blue skies, and fine
gravel, that they are nothing short of astonishing.  Many of the trucks
(it's hard to think of them as models!) are also motorized for full effect.

Dennis has been building large LEGO trucks for nearly 15 years.  Even his
first truck, a three-axled tractor with a lowloader, was quite an
accomplishment.  (Check out Dennis's extensive personal history on his
"The start of my hobby" page.)

Every page is chock-full of helpful narratives to go along with the photos,
which almost speak for themselves, but if you are into trucks, or curious
about model details or workings, the text is indispensible.

Parts of the site (particularly the translations to English of certain
pages) are still under construction, but you can see everything in the Dutch
pages if it's not available in English.  Don't miss the astounding page of
tall work cranes, one of which measures in at 4.2 meters tall (that's 13¾
feet tall)!