 Announcements / 3741 (-20)
  The Return Of Space

I invite you to listen to the Spamcast "The Return Of Space", part one of an interview with Mark Sandlin and Chris Giddens, set designers for the yet to be released Lego Factory Space sets. (URL) -Tom (17 years ago, 5-Mar-08, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Call for Participation: Disney-Themed LEGO Display

A little back story first: GFLUG/GFLTC decided last year that a few of us will try to make it to NMRA in Anaheim in 2008 -- the attraction of making side trips to Legoland & Disneyland is just too great to stay away. Being a Disney-geek as well as a (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-08, to lugnet.disney, lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee: SteerCo reconfirmed for new term

Hi folks, since only the LDraw Steering Committee members already in charge are running for the election of the 2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee[1] and have accept their nomination in response to this message: (URL) election itself has become (...) (17 years ago, 2-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Voting for March 2008 contests is now open

The voting for the March 2008 contests is now open. Visit the (URL) page> to cast your vote. Willy Tschager LDraw.org Administration Team (17 years ago, 1-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  BrickJournal Issue 1, Volume 2 is available for download!

Hi all, The next digital issue of BrickJournal (renumbered to reflect going to print) is available for purchase ($3.95) (URL) Articles include: Event reports from Northwest Brickcon Event report from LEGO World Spotlight on Stephan Sander Spotlight (...) (17 years ago, 28-Feb-08, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  Help writing LDraw's history

Hi folks, as you might know LDraw's history: (URL) been updated for a long time. With permission from BrickJournal publisher Joe Meno I'm going to mirror an article published in BrickJournal, Spring 2006, Volume #1, Issue 4, which covers also the (...) (17 years ago, 28-Feb-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Nominations closing in 1 week

Hi folks, As outlined here: (URL) for the 2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee election will close in a week, at 11:59 PM GMT on 29 February 2008 and elections will start the 1st of March. Only those candidates that have been nominated, seconded, (...) (17 years ago, 22-Feb-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Report from Toy Fair 2008

Toy Fair this year was so-so. A lot of the companies chose to go with the box set-up which meant a lot of standing around waiting to get to meet with the PR agent to be shown around the showroom. One of the highlights that I thought would be (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce)

  Brick Bash 2008 Reminder

(URL) Great Lakes AFOLs, come on over to Ann Arbor, Michigan, for Brick Bash on Saturday, March 29! Brick Bash is an annual public LEGO-building exhibition where we have a lot of fun showing off our creations. This is a one-day event, so you can (...) (17 years ago, 18-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickbash, FTX)

  RAILBRICKS #2 is out!

I’m proud to announce the release of issue #2 of RAILBRICKS! It's a little later than we had hoped, so we crammed in 16 more pages! (2 URLs) Download issue #2 at the following links: Single file download: (13.5 mb - Adobe Reader 5.0 or greater) (...) (17 years ago, 15-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  GPLR to show at GTX show February 16th & 17th

The Greater Portland Lego Railroaders is planning to exhibit at the Great Train Expo this Saturday and Sunday, February 16-17, 2008. We have a number of new members and this will be a first show for many of them, with much of the 26' x 26' layout (...) (17 years ago, 15-Feb-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce) !

  2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Nominations closing in 2 weeks

Hi folks, As outlined here: (URL) for the 2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee election will close in 2 weeks, at 11:59 PM GMT on 29 February 2008 and elections will start the 1st of March. Only those candidates that have been nominated, seconded, (...) (17 years ago, 15-Feb-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  More Updates at Jain's Guide

Jain's Guide was updated with a string of new features recently, just thought I'd share! FBTB's now has a MOC Report, just like CSF's: (URL) FBTB MOC Gallery> New user profile pages that add more data such as published reports and MOC Report Posts: (...) (17 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Old Dark Grey Train Track available in Online Pick-a-Brick

It appears that "Old Dark Gray" 9V Train track is available in Pick-a-Brick again! Stock up while it lasts. (URL) (17 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  Update on Engineerig with ABS - Liebherr A 314 Litronic

Hi all Just recently I finished work on the latest homepage update for Engineering with ABS. A new model has been added: Liebherr A 314 Litronic Mobile Excavator (URL) Read its story and about all the details on my homepage: (...) (17 years ago, 3-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Severe case of Spam congestion solved

All, I am terribly sorry to announce that it took me almost a week to resolve another severe case of Spam congestion in the LUGNET mail system, resulting in a significant amount of authentication emails not going out and incoming posts not being (...) (17 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce)

  St. Peter's Basilica

My next Lego landmark: St. Peter's Basilica. Or should I say a cathedral based on St. Peter's Basilica? Clearly the colors are wrong but that was a matter of economics coupled with the amazing pieces I found at the Disney pick-a-brick. Also, by (...) (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.microscale) !

  One pile o' announcements from BrickJournal

Hi all, BrickJournal Issue 1, Volume 2 is being printed right now, and is on target for shipping the last week of this month. There's been a lot that has gone on during the preparation time, so here's a release of sorts: A Chat with Jørgen Vig (...) (17 years ago, 9-Feb-08, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  Brick Fair Announcements

Hey AFOL's! Brick Fair is well into it's planning phase. We have an Event date, a venue, and themes that we will be focusing on. (Please drop by the official website, (URL) We even have some Coordinators that have already volunteered! Sadly, we (...) (17 years ago, 8-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Steampunk in 50 Bricks or Less

Inspired by the recent FBTB Steam Wars contest, I wanted to do my part to keep the excitement going about the Steampunk Building theme. To that end, I'd like to announce: (URL) My Steampunk Challenge is to build something in the theme using 50 (or (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact