 Announcements / 3731 (-20)
  GPLR to show at GTX show February 16th & 17th

The Greater Portland Lego Railroaders is planning to exhibit at the Great Train Expo this Saturday and Sunday, February 16-17, 2008. We have a number of new members and this will be a first show for many of them, with much of the 26' x 26' layout (...) (17 years ago, 15-Feb-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce) !

  2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Nominations closing in 2 weeks

Hi folks, As outlined here: (URL) for the 2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee election will close in 2 weeks, at 11:59 PM GMT on 29 February 2008 and elections will start the 1st of March. Only those candidates that have been nominated, seconded, (...) (17 years ago, 15-Feb-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  More Updates at Jain's Guide

Jain's Guide was updated with a string of new features recently, just thought I'd share! FBTB's now has a MOC Report, just like CSF's: (URL) FBTB MOC Gallery> New user profile pages that add more data such as published reports and MOC Report Posts: (...) (17 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Old Dark Grey Train Track available in Online Pick-a-Brick

It appears that "Old Dark Gray" 9V Train track is available in Pick-a-Brick again! Stock up while it lasts. (URL) (17 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  Update on Engineerig with ABS - Liebherr A 314 Litronic

Hi all Just recently I finished work on the latest homepage update for Engineering with ABS. A new model has been added: Liebherr A 314 Litronic Mobile Excavator (URL) Read its story and about all the details on my homepage: (...) (17 years ago, 3-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Severe case of Spam congestion solved

All, I am terribly sorry to announce that it took me almost a week to resolve another severe case of Spam congestion in the LUGNET mail system, resulting in a significant amount of authentication emails not going out and incoming posts not being (...) (17 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce)

  St. Peter's Basilica

My next Lego landmark: St. Peter's Basilica. Or should I say a cathedral based on St. Peter's Basilica? Clearly the colors are wrong but that was a matter of economics coupled with the amazing pieces I found at the Disney pick-a-brick. Also, by (...) (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.microscale) !

  One pile o' announcements from BrickJournal

Hi all, BrickJournal Issue 1, Volume 2 is being printed right now, and is on target for shipping the last week of this month. There's been a lot that has gone on during the preparation time, so here's a release of sorts: A Chat with Jørgen Vig (...) (17 years ago, 9-Feb-08, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  Brick Fair Announcements

Hey AFOL's! Brick Fair is well into it's planning phase. We have an Event date, a venue, and themes that we will be focusing on. (Please drop by the official website, (URL) We even have some Coordinators that have already volunteered! Sadly, we (...) (17 years ago, 8-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Steampunk in 50 Bricks or Less

Inspired by the recent FBTB Steam Wars contest, I wanted to do my part to keep the excitement going about the Steampunk Building theme. To that end, I'd like to announce: (URL) My Steampunk Challenge is to build something in the theme using 50 (or (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !

  LDraw.org's January 2008 Model, Scene and Part of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the January 2008 Model/Scene/Part Of The Month (MOTM/SOTM/POTM) contests: (URL) MOTM, Hooklift Truck with Crane by Norbert Taxberger> (URL) SOTM, Performance by Owen Dive> (URL) POTM - Best Part, Minifig Accessory (...) (17 years ago, 3-Feb-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  New LDraw part author tool and tutorial: Ytruder

(2 URLs) Ytruder> utility creates a sheet of triangle and quads from a set of lines. This is done by extrusion in the LDraw Y direction (hence the name). Though somewhat similar to (URL) Coverer> it has a few other possibilities, such as the (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  The secret of Google.

All- I figured out the secret of the universe tonight! GOOGLE is actually just an anagram for GO LEGO! If you want proof, just look check out their website. (URL) -Ted Michon (17 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Brickworld 2008 Call for Presenters

(URL) Planning for Brickworld 2008 is well underway. We have expanded presentations to two meeting rooms to provide more opportunities for registered attendees to share & learn from each other It is your participation that will help make Brickworld (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jan-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  New Tutorial - LDD->LDraw and LDraw->LDD conversion

Hi folks, The LDraw and LDD libraries differ in color numbers, sometimes in part numbers, the fact that LDD parts are measured in millimeters while LDraw uses LDUs - LDraw Units, but most notably in the part's origin point. Learn how LEGO Digital (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Grunts - Episode 15.

(URL) S. (17 years ago, 25-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce)

  Brickverse Today Update

I have updated the Brickverse Today daily email format to now include the new AFOL History and CSF MOC Report. (URL) Also, as of today there are 53 different online feeds being collected and since October 12, 2007 it has sent out 2804 articles to (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jan-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS

Now you can use your RCX to control LEGO Power Functions. That's right the RCX can act as a PF remote control but it can do something that the PF remote can't do yet. The RCX can do PWM with your PF reciever moduals. You do not need to install (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(2 URLs) The LEGO company just released a document detailing the complete protocol used by Power Functions RC receiver. I host the document on my (URL) Power Functions presentation page>. As you can see this opens up a new world of possibilities... (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  AFOL History Project

At the behest of CSF members I have sought to create a repository of events in which I had a few minutes to burn tonight and so I whipped up something quickly. (URL) this page you can view and add events from the past, I have added a few to start (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jan-08, to lugnet.announce) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact