 Announcements / 3726 (-10)
  Severe case of Spam congestion solved

All, I am terribly sorry to announce that it took me almost a week to resolve another severe case of Spam congestion in the LUGNET mail system, resulting in a significant amount of authentication emails not going out and incoming posts not being (...) (17 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce)

  St. Peter's Basilica

My next Lego landmark: St. Peter's Basilica. Or should I say a cathedral based on St. Peter's Basilica? Clearly the colors are wrong but that was a matter of economics coupled with the amazing pieces I found at the Disney pick-a-brick. Also, by (...) (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.microscale) !

  One pile o' announcements from BrickJournal

Hi all, BrickJournal Issue 1, Volume 2 is being printed right now, and is on target for shipping the last week of this month. There's been a lot that has gone on during the preparation time, so here's a release of sorts: A Chat with Jørgen Vig (...) (17 years ago, 9-Feb-08, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  Brick Fair Announcements

Hey AFOL's! Brick Fair is well into it's planning phase. We have an Event date, a venue, and themes that we will be focusing on. (Please drop by the official website, (URL) We even have some Coordinators that have already volunteered! Sadly, we (...) (17 years ago, 8-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Steampunk in 50 Bricks or Less

Inspired by the recent FBTB Steam Wars contest, I wanted to do my part to keep the excitement going about the Steampunk Building theme. To that end, I'd like to announce: (URL) My Steampunk Challenge is to build something in the theme using 50 (or (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !

  LDraw.org's January 2008 Model, Scene and Part of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the January 2008 Model/Scene/Part Of The Month (MOTM/SOTM/POTM) contests: (URL) MOTM, Hooklift Truck with Crane by Norbert Taxberger> (URL) SOTM, Performance by Owen Dive> (URL) POTM - Best Part, Minifig Accessory (...) (17 years ago, 3-Feb-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  New LDraw part author tool and tutorial: Ytruder

(2 URLs) Ytruder> utility creates a sheet of triangle and quads from a set of lines. This is done by extrusion in the LDraw Y direction (hence the name). Though somewhat similar to (URL) Coverer> it has a few other possibilities, such as the (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  The secret of Google.

All- I figured out the secret of the universe tonight! GOOGLE is actually just an anagram for GO LEGO! If you want proof, just look check out their website. (URL) -Ted Michon (17 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Brickworld 2008 Call for Presenters

(URL) Planning for Brickworld 2008 is well underway. We have expanded presentations to two meeting rooms to provide more opportunities for registered attendees to share & learn from each other It is your participation that will help make Brickworld (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jan-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  New Tutorial - LDD->LDraw and LDraw->LDD conversion

Hi folks, The LDraw and LDD libraries differ in color numbers, sometimes in part numbers, the fact that LDD parts are measured in millimeters while LDraw uses LDUs - LDraw Units, but most notably in the part's origin point. Learn how LEGO Digital (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.ldd)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact