 Announcements / 3471 (-20)
  10183 Hobby Train Review

I was one of 6 folks picked to review set 10183 pre-release. We were given permission to start posting our reviews today. Actually Brick Journal got an exclusive for the weekend but the rest of us are posting starting today. My review can be found (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  My RACHAL - Close Encounter

Hi folks, I submitted my (URL) RACHAL - the Raytracing Challenge> entry "Close Encounter (of the third kind)" to the (URL) 'Atmosphobic' Gallery> at LDraw.org: (URL) More about the rendering process can be found (URL). PLMKWYT. w. (18 years ago, 11-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX) !

  Robot events at BrickFest™ 2007

There will be a number of interesting robotic activities at (URL) BrickFest™ 2007>, which is fast approaching. Don't forget, if you haven't registered yet but wish to attend, the preregistration deadline is March 15th. Here's a summary of the (...) (18 years ago, 10-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  BrickJournal 7 is OUT!

(URL) Issue 7: The Launch Issue Spotlights on two new LEGO sets coming out, including the Café Corner and the LEGO Hobby Train. Also articles and reviews and CheeseBots!  You can download Issue 7 here:  (URL) Full Torrent,> (URL) Full Torrent (...) (18 years ago, 10-Mar-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.fun.community, FTX) !!

  call for Train / Town / City MOCs for Brickfest

Bring your Town / City / Train MOCs to Brickfest this year and tell me what they are! We have LOTS of space this year at Brickfest, so feel free to bring any of your creations that will fit into a town / train layout. Please drop me an email with (...) (18 years ago, 9-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, FTX) !!

  Reminder: 2007 Steering Committee election closing in a week

Hi folks, As outlined here: (URL) election will close in a week, at 2359 EDT (GMT -0500), March 15, 2007. Willy Tschager On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Bricksmith 1.6

(2 URLs) Bricksmith 1.6> adds the following features: Part Browser can be configured as a separate window Export Part List feature Background color preference Always switches to perspective mode when not drawing a head-on view Can insert raw (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  The Brick Testament invades Denmark

I am pleased to announce that not one, but two Brick Testament books have now been published in Danish, the native language of the LEGO company itself! Publisher (URL) Forlaget Vandkunsten> has now released translated versions of both (URL) The (...) (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.books, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.loc.dk, FTX)

  BrickFest '07 Registration Open - 10 more days

(URL) BrickFest '07 Registration ===...=== Only 10 days left for FULL Online Registration! We had a great initial registration period! We are at 150 now and counting. Check out the (URL) "Who's Coming"> page; it's a pretty impressive roster! (...) (18 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Last chance to sign up for the Classic Space Fly-In

Yes, it is the last chance to sign up some of your Classic space sets for the Classic Space Fly-In at BrickFest this year! This is your opportunity to participate in a display of every single space set from 1979 to 1999, set up in one beautiful (...) (18 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.fun.community) !

  This is SPARTA!!! Figure from the "300"

Well the title pretty much says it all. I created decals to make the Spartans from the new film the "300." I utilized RedBean's Spear, Helmet, and Shield to really pull this figure together, decaling the lambda on the shield. (URL) Image is (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.ancient, FTX) !

  txt2dat online

I've made a web interface for Ross Crawford's (URL) txt2dat> program: (URL) txt2dat online>. Just enter some text and click a button to download an LDraw "sticker" part with that text stamped right on it. You can control almost every txt2dat option, (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  LEGO BrickMaster Build-Off sponsored by The LEGO Group!

BrickFest ‘07 ===...=== LEGO BrickMaster Build-Off sponsored by The LEGO Group! If your a LEGO builder and a registered attendee of BrickFest 2007 you will get your chance to showcase your talents at the history making first ever LEGO BrickMaster (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  BrickFest ‘07 - LEGO Brand Retail Store

BrickFest ‘07 ===...=== LEGO Brand Retail Store - Special Event Where: LEGO Brand Retail Store, Warshington Square Mall 9585 SW Washington Square Rd. Tigard, OR 97223 (503) 598-0106 When: March 30th 2007, 10:00pm – 1:00am How: Car Pool (poor mass (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, FTX) !!

  Request for votes in LDraw polls

Hi all, As some of you know (and perhaps some do not) LDraw conducts various polls, both for official reasons (such as elections and Constitutional changes) and for contests (such as model of the month, part of the month etc.). Unfortunately the (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !

  Millenium Falcon 10179 Raffle

To All, Hey, I just saw a great idea on Eurobricks (URL) They are holding a raffle for the $500.00 Millenium Falcon 10179 set. So I am interested whether or not the community on LUGNET might be willing to do this. Here's my thinking: There are few (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce)

  Announcing the 5th Cycle of the LEGO Ambassador Program!

Announcing LEGO Ambassador Cycle 5 We’re proud to announce the Fifth Cycle of the LEGO Ambassador Program. We’ve upped the number of members in the program to thirty this time spanning 13 countries. We’ve also lengthened the cycle to an entire year. (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Motion to the LDraw Bylaws (Accountability of "Key Positions"): Call for Ratification

Since the motion to the LDraw Bylaws has been posted (URL) and publicly discussed, and since by peoples' silence, there appear to be no more lingering objections, the Steering Committee hereby calls for a community vote to ratify the motion which (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  2007/2008 LDraw Steering Committee Election is open

The 2006 LDraw.org Steering Committee election is now open. To vote, please visit (URL) and log in with your user account. Next, visit the ballot page on LDraw.org here: (URL) LDraw organization members may vote and you may vote for up to five (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  LDraw.org's February 2007 Model and Scene of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the February 2007 Model/Scene Of The Month (MOTM/SOTM) contests: (URL) MOTM, Yellow Sportspeeder by Joseph Durel> (URL) SOTM, The Forces of Isengard by Philip Heinrich> The voting for the March 2007 Model of the (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact