 Announcements / 3409
3408  |  3410
Subject:
Official launch of the LDraw POTM - Part Of The Month contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:30:18 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The LDraw Administration Team officially launches the POTM – Part Of The Month
contest for LDraw Part Authors. It is no news that programmers get most of the
spotlight and little goes to "the unsung heroes of the LDraw CAD world" - this
contest should give more visibility to the author's work. The POTM contest has
two categories:

    * Best part
    * Most desired part

All entries will run in both categories. People can vote for parts that they are
happy about due to their own desire to use the parts, and also vote for the
parts that took the most apparent effort.

Check out the contest's rules at:

http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=189#potm

The timetable for the first run is the following:

* We will collect all entries throughout February (for the first run we also
accept parts submitted in January)
* The voting will open the 1st of March and is open to all registered LDraw
users.
* The ballot closes the 31st of March and the two winners will be announced
shortly afterwards along with the MOTM/SOTM winners.

w.
LDraw Administration Team