 Announcements / 3265
3264  |  3266
Subject:
Classic-Castle Story Telling Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 23:50:21 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Text from Classic-Castle.com

Purpose: The object of this contest is to encourage the creation of castle theme stories.

Subject matter may be anything within the castle theme, including historical and the fantastical. All stories must have a beginning, middle and an end. We do not want chapter one of your magnum opus! There are major points for having an interesting plot and dynamic characters, so be creative!

Categories: Comic Book (Similar to Captain Ahnee stories by Dan Jassim) Comic Book style is a story told primarily with pictures, with narrator boxes and dialogue bubbles to help. Each frame of the comic should be a separate picture. Sub-pictures are allowed for dramatic affect (Admins discretion will be used to figure if there are too many sub-pictures in a comic). Maximum length: 120 frames

Illustrated Short Story (Similar to Chronicles of Ikros by Anthony Sava) Illustrated Short Story style is more literary, allowing for greater exploration of character and plot. We ask that there be around one LEGO picture per full paragraph, or approximately two images per page of text. Short stories can be uploaded Maximum length: 20 pages (~50 pictures)

Evaluation: Entries will be evaluated on their creativity in plot and character, quality of LEGO creations and quality of presentation. The judges will be the Classic-Castle Administrators and a special, Guest Judge who will be announced later.

Prizes: We know that writing and illustrating a story is not the easiest thing to do, so to get your attention, we’ve got big prizes!

Best Illustrated Short Story: 7019 Viking Fortress vs. Fafnir Dragon Best Comic Book: 7019 Viking Fortress vs. Fafnir Dragon Best Overall (Guest Judge’s pick): 8877 Vladek’s Dark Fortress

(Special thanks to Steve Witt and the LEGO Group for generously providing prizes!)

Any questions? Ask away and I will answer as soon as I can!