 Announcements / 3228
    SNVT Build-a-Train Contest —Eric Kingsley
   Save 9v Trains would like to announce its first (and hopefully not only) contest. The contest has been set up to support 9v Trains by using LEGO Factory to build a quality database of models that can be purchased by long time AFOLs and Newbies. Our (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

        Re: SNVT Build-a-Train Contest —Marc Nelson Jr.
     (...) FYI, the train wheels and any Factory model including train wheels is currently showing up as "Not Available". See my post on 'Trains' parts from LEGO Factory: (URL) About the contest - excellent idea. This is a great point: It will give us an (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: SNVT Build-a-Train Contest —Eric Kingsley
     (...) Yes I had noticed that, I am hoping that it is just a temporary hicup in the system. I wouldn't think they would have "Sold Out" already on Train Wheels. (...) Thanks, this is was a very fortunate side effect of having LEGO Factory come out (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: SNVT Build-a-Train Contest —John Neal
     (...) My son Ross already built a loco using the factory (using 2 motors). It was huge. I told him to shorten it by 8 studs, and he did, and then we submitted it to see how much it would cost. <drum roll, please!> One hundred and ninety two bucks!!! (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: SNVT Build-a-Train Contest —Steve Demlow
     The contest is a good idea and I agree that this sort of thing is one of the best concrete things we can do to promote the continuance of 9V trains. Thanks for setting it up. One comment on the rules/guidelines: Clarity of the instructions - not (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: SNVT Build-a-Train Contest —Eric Kingsley
   This is just a reminder that you have until August 7th to enter this contest. There have been some fantastic models entered so far but there is plenty of room for more. I hope as many folks with enter that can. Eric (...) (18 years ago, 1-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)