 Announcements / 3152
3151  |  3153
Subject:
Accepting Applications for LEGO Ambassadors - Cycle 3!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:22:11 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

We are coming up on the one year anniversary of the LEGO Ambassador Program. With it, the second cycle draws to a close and it is now time to choose the Ambassadors for the Third Cycle.

The first cycle established the groundwork and initial recognition within the company. The second cycle built on that to integrate the Ambassadors into the feedback process and the product development process. In the third cycle we hope the group can expand even further in order to help create better recognition within the company of how incredible the AFOL Community is.

The second cycle of the Ambassador Program has gone beyond the realm of simple product feedback. The Ambassadors are now the ‘go-to’ panel for many people in the Company. Beyond this the Ambassadors have:

• Given direct feedback on future Shop@Home exclusives on Multiple occasions • begun to develop key concepts for the 2007 product platforms (details are confidential) • Taken part in Community program development for LEGO Batman, LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Sponge bob • received Early info about several new products • been Key in helping give feedback about LEGO Factory in order to improve it • Helped maintain LEGO Factory through its beta stage

It’s been a pleasure working with the second cycle group and we can’t wait to get involved with the third.

But as the second cycle is coming to a close, it’s time to open up the application process again. We’ll be accepting applications until 26 February and will announce the new cycle of Ambassadors on 1 March. Details of the program are below, as are application instructions. Everyone will need to apply again, including Ambassadors hoping to return to the program. Here are the instructions:

When Applying: Treat this as you would a job application. Tell us why you feel you are ideal to represent the AFOL community. Include a: -description of yourself and why you want to be an Ambassador -list of your activities in the Community -what you hope to contribute to the LEGO Ambassador program

When you’ve completed your application send it in to:

Ambassador Email

We will accept Applications until February 26 and Jan and I will announce the new Ambassadors on March 1. Again, thanks very much to the second cycle Ambassadors. You’ve done great things in the last several months. We are looking forward to seeing a ton of applications in the LA inbox!

Steve and Jan

Auto response is currently showing the wrong date, this will be fixed soon.

note: you have to be 18 or older to participate in the LEGO Ambassador Program.