 Announcements / 3101
  Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

(URL) Mysterious Mech Bay 09> Storage (URL) for the Cub (URL) it now>> (2 URLs) Bay 09>> 75 Bricks tall Features trans clear 48x48 base plate light box construction 12 inch Florescent tube Internal Cooling System - Via TECHNIC motor and rotor blades (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

Hey Eric, Very cool. The light-up floor is a really good idea. Bruce (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

(...) snip (...) snip (...) This is freakin hella cool , E ! (...) snip (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

(...) Hey Bruce, (...) Yay! thanks, the floor acts funny when bricks are attached to it. Something with the kind of plastic it is made from? Stretches it like. (...) e (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

(...) Freakin Nine Hundred Dollars, JW! (say with pinky raised) Why am I thinking Austin Powers now? LOL! Thank you Jon, e (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

August 8th, 1945. Mitsubishi Steel and Arms Works. (URL) Construction completed on the prototype "Mobile Armor Suit", codenamed "Cub", intended to be the Imperial Army's ultimate weapon for defeating any invasion of the home islands. But it would (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

Well, seeing as you're on a Gundam kick lately, I have to say this is pretty obviously the Double Zeta of mech bays - all the elements are there, and some of it is kinda nifty, but it just doesn't come together. I'm sure someone will be all over it, (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

(...) Now that's imagery. Wow, I did that? (...) -snip- Chilling. Eiiieeeeww, melted brain case. Oh man! (...) Danken. e (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

(...) I agree, there are some things about it I don't like myself. Though it looks neat and is cool to have around. Lights up and what not. (...) Good eye. (...) e (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

(...) Hi Eric, I like the overall industrial look. I can imagine a mech support facility could look like your new bay. Well done! Could you publish some more detail pics, please. You may already know, I like to borrow ideas. Sommetimes this helps me (...) (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

(...) Mitsubishi made one in 1945 I'm told. ;) (...) I think there are some cool building techniques on the middle levels of the Mech Bay. I'll snap some pics of that. I also owe people some shots of the Cub's ankles. Now I'm taking a break from (...) (19 years ago, 10-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

In lugnet.announce, Eric Sophie wrote: <snip> (...) I've really been impressed lately by your building direction. I've been seeing so much innovative stuff from you over the past year. This mech bay is no exception. Where you got a clear baseplate (...) (19 years ago, 11-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

(...) That's hawt. I hope whoever buys it brings it to a fest, so we can turn out the overhead lights and see how it really looks in the dark. Tremendously creative use of that ultra-ultra-rare trans clear baseplate! (19 years ago, 11-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

Hmm, about time I chimed in here. What can I say, but that I am impressed by your work as always Eric. I am glad you got the lamp working with out to many problems, did you manage to get the noise down? It looks good with the mech in it, and the B (...) (19 years ago, 11-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

(...) -snip- (...) Thank you, in this past year I have made cats, dogs, hexapods, insects, tranports, hoverships, moonbases, robotics, picture frames, signs, Mecha, a few skin builds, rebuilds and modifications. Woof. Glad its not just all the same (...) (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

(...) Yay! Do dat. Best offer. :) e (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

(...) Good question. No not really. I did find that once the entire structure was in place, the weight on it pressing down making the vibration less as it was more solid, plus the weight of the inner gantry helps surpress the fan noise more so then (...) (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)