 Announcements / 3089
3088  |  3090
Subject:
LEGO leaving Billund?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 06:14:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Check out this article from The Age:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/locals-left-to-pick-up-pieces/2005/11/12/1131578272350.html

At the end it says, “As for moving production from Denmark, a decision will be made in 2007.”

I think selling the LEGOLAND parks was a good move because it keeps the core company focused on just the toys. I also like that the LEGO executives recognized that the sets and pieces were getting too specialized and have started simplifying things.

I doubt they’ll move away from Billund, personally. I think that simply making more compelling sets with simple pieces is going to help get them back in the black more than anything else they’ve done.