 Announcements / 282
281  |  283
Subject:
MindFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:10:04 GMT

MINDFEST
A Gathering of Playful Inventors of All Ages

October 23-24, 1999
Opening reception and setup: October 22, 4-6pm
MIT Media Laboratory
http://www.media.mit.edu/mindfest/

Come join us for MindFest:
a festival of designing, inventing, and learning.

A new generation of computerized construction kits, such as
LEGO MINDSTORMS, is opening up new possibilities for playful
learning. Kids (and adult hobbyists) can now build creatures,
contraptions, and other creations that once required an
advanced engineering background. MindFest is a celebration
of the creativity unleashed by these new technologies.

Kids, educators, researchers, and hobbyists are all welcome.
We encourage all of you to bring your own creations and
inventions to show off in the MindFest exhibition space.

Panels will focus especially on the role of “tinkering” in
learning and creativity -- and, more generally, on the ways
new technologies are transforming how we think and learn.

The festival will include:
* exhibitions of your creations
* panel discussions
* hands-on workshops
* show-and-tell sessions
* informal tutorials
* demonstrations of new technologies

We want all of you to help shape MindFest.
If you would like to organize a session,
please send your ideas to mindfest@media.mit.edu

Advanced registration required. Attendance is limited:
Please register early to guarantee a spot.

For more information, see http://www.media.mit.edu/mindfest/

MindFest is organized by the Epistemology and Learning Group
and the Okawa Center at the MIT Media Laboratory.

(LEGO MINDSTORMS is a trademark of The LEGO Group.)