 Announcements / 2731
    My First MOC —Cynthia Bradham
   Here is my first MOC, a retreat home. (URL) have been collecting sets for decades, but never really was inspired (or had the courage) to make MOCs until I attended Brickfest last year and then joined the local LUG and LTC here in North Carolina. I (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.announce) !

        Re: My First MOC —Joe Meno
     (...) Cyndi, it's about time you posted this as yours :-)! This is a great first effort...the thumping sound that was heard at the GATS show this year from our table was all of our jaws dropping after looking at this home! This is one of those (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

         Re: My First MOC —Cynthia Bradham
     (...) Joe, you are just too kind, as always. Thanks for your support! Cyndi (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

        Re: My First MOC —Terry Prosper
     (...) Cyndi, I must say that for a first MOC, it's impressive! You used SNOT for the roof and the design is quite original, You used a fairly rare color, which limits your possibilities, yet it is very fluid. As an experienced builder (experienced, (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

         Re: My First MOC —Cynthia Bradham
     (...) Hi Terry, thanks for the compliments. I was happy with how it turned out. The roof and overall design came out the way they did mostly because I ran out of bricks too soon and had to improvise ;) I began with the intent to make a better Privet (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

        Re: My First MOC —Tim Courtney
     (...) Cyndi - Wow, I love the modern look of this house! Great job. I'm used to seeing more traditional LEGO houses on layouts, this is a pleasant twist. I like the burnt orange exterior, too, and the overall choice of color. -Tim PS - I know this (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

         Re: My First MOC —Cynthia Bradham
     (...) Hi Tim, I'm glad you like it. I will remember to post to announce.moc next time, I wasn't sure what to do with either that or the followups....so many choices ;) Thanks, Cyndi (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

        Re: My First MOC —Aaron Amatnieks
     (...) Is the house for sale? Not the lego one, but for real :) I would happily live in it. It is so compact, yet so well designed. And I must agree with the others, I love the use of the burnt orange/grey colour scheme. It really works well. I can (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

         Re: My First MOC —Cynthia Bradham
     (...) Hi Aaron, I wish I could live in it too :) Don't we all build things we wish we could inhabit? Or does this come from growing up with doll houses? Hmm, you're right about the beach and cliff face for a setting. I had been thinking mountains, (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

        Re: My First MOC —C. L. GunningCook
     (...) Wow, I wish my first MOC looked that good, it was also a house, but it was so bad, I have since rebuilt it TWICE!! IMO a modern look is sometimes difficult to pull off and you did a great job there!!! Janey Red Brick (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

         Re: My First MOC —Cynthia Bradham
     (...) Thanks Janey :) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

        Re: My First MOC —Eric Sophie
   (...) -snip- (...) Hey nice! See what fun it is! Also look at all the positive support you got from all those nice people. (URL) The layout and interior are pleasing to see. I thought this was interesting: See the two left and right side compound (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, FTX)

        Re: My First MOC —Cynthia Bradham
   (...) Thanks Eric. It is really great to get such nice feedback from so many people, I appreciate the support :) I agree with you about the 1x2 slope, it would be a clean way to tidy up that edge. The part in burnt orange does exist, but I don't (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, FTX)