 Announcements / 2601 (-20)
  Friday Surprise

It's Friday and what better to celebrate than with... Roof Tiles (aka Slopes) Check out the (URL) new bulk> items, available for pre-order now in the US, and now (or soon) in Europe! Hopefully this will add a bit of happiness to an otherwise (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, FTX) !

  BIP RSS Feed and Blog Update

All, Inspired by (URL) Dan's post> from earlier today about the new LUGNET RSS feed, I created a Building Instructions Portal Latest Updates feed. (URL) And while I'm on the subject of updates, I've recently implemented (URL) BlogFusion> on the (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Pick a Brick at BrickFest

Pick a Brick at BrickFest! As most AFOLs know, Pick a Brick is something that is available at the LEGO Brand Retail stores. A selection of LEGO parts are available in various quantities. This year, the Potomac Mills LEGO Outlet will be getting Pick (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  LUGNET news RSS feed

I've expanded the Peeron Sidebars idea to include an RSS feed of new posts. Not sure if it's going to be as useful as the LUGNET sidebar, but it was easy to code. The new feed can be found here: (URL) the old sidebars can still be found here: (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek) !

  New container ship color

Well, it took a bit longer to get the final results tallied that I expected (summer vacations and all). But I'm pleased to announce that the color chosen for the new container ship is...drum roll please.... Dark Blue That's right. They were neck and (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.color, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  BrickFest Spaceport Hailing Frequencies Open!

The BrickFest Space Coordinator is now opening a channel for incoming spacers to BrickFest 2004. All those coming or planning to come please respond to this post. The.Space Paparazzi will be the Coordinator, and he has some ambitious plans for the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !!

  Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

OK folks, Here it goes..... I have spent the last 11 months writing a new book on Lego. It will be released not as an actual book, but as a CD (IBM and MAC compatible!!!) It is about 80% done, and so far has 105,000 words on 300 pages. There will be (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Announcing Canadian changes to Shop At Home!

All, You may have noticed this week that the Canadian Shop At Home site was down for maintainence. Everything is back up and running now - with one addition. Pricing for Shop At Home for orders to Canada are now in Canadian dollars. Hopefully this (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca)

  BrickFest Hotel info

I’m please to announce that arrangements have been finalized with the Hilton Arlington & Towers. 950 N. Stafford Street, Arlington VA 22203 located just 0.6 Miles from GMU. Hilton Arlington & Towers has a block of guestrooms reserved for BrickFest (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org, FTX) !!

  BayLTC Opens Museum Exhibit

The Bay Area LEGO® Train Club (BayLTC) has opened its latest exhibit, at the Amador-Livermore Valley Historical Society and Museum in Pleasanton, California, now through July 11, 2004. This layout represents several "firsts" for the club: first (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, FTX)

  Gaming at BrickFest!

Admiral Filz reporting on the status of gaming with LEGO bricks at BrickFest 2004! We have an exciting lineup of activities already scheduled, but there's room for more. If you are interested in coordinating a game that uses LEGO bricks, please fill (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  BrickFest 2004 Sessions Notes...

BrickFest 2004 Sessions Notes... A friendly reminder... The submittal deadline for BrickFest sessions is coming Friday, July 2, 2004. The best time slots are filling quickly, so if you’re planning on presenting a session you should sign up soon at: (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  Knight's Kingdom sculpture at Starbase

Hi, In February I attended Toy Fair for my site billsbricks.com and had a chance to enter a guess the brick contest on a giant Knight's Kingdom Jayko sculptre at the LEGO pavilion in the Javit's Center. It was ouside of the booth. I did some math (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Blacktron Robots

Greetings, Here are some pictures of my Blacktron robots... (URL) the evil. Pete (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce) !!

  New MOC: The A-Team and B.A.'s Van!!!

(URL) of my favorite shows growing up was the A-Team, so a while back after buying some extra NBA figure sets I decided to try making a MR. T figure. Once I was finished him, I thought what the heck, I might as well make the rest of the team! Next (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce)

  P'titgneugneu the stairs climber, was Re: CC3:Stairs,

Here is the (URL) write-up> about the robot I built for CC3:Stairs contest, that happened to win ;o) A bit flimsy, not too pretty, but it did the job! (URL) As the results have not been published here, I inserted the official announcement below. (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  New LEGO Stores!

In our effort to bring a little slice of LEGO heaven all corners of the world, we have 6 new LEGO stores coming soon! Bellevue, WA Santa Clara, CA San Mateo, CA Bridgewater, NJ McLean, VA Rockaway, NJ (For more details, keep an eye on the (URL) LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  CANCELLED: Re: LUCNY to display at Day Out With Thomas, Utica, NY June 18-27, 2004

For various reasons mostly due to the venue, LUCNY will NOT be participating in this event this year. In Lieu of this event, we will be having a local meeting to have some fun and play with our trains. This will likely be a two-day event; details to (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact